* Annick, Hivert, Cathew. Proud to Work: Pictorial History of Michigan's CCC.
* Anderson, Robert E. Written on the Land. Fairmont Printer, Fairmont, WV. 2002
* Armstrong, Frank H., Ph.D., Oates, Marguerite. Window Seat. 1988, Bull Run of Vermont.
* Audretsch, Robert W. Shaping the Park and Saving the Boys: The Civilian Conservation Corps at Grand Canyon, 1933-1942. Indianapolis, IN. Dog Ear Publishing. 2011
* Barta, Nancy Hill. Starved Rock State Park . Arcadia Publishing 2007.
* Benson, David R. Stories in Log and Stone: The Legacy of the New Deal in Minnesota State Parks. Department of Natural Resources.
Breaman, John, Robert H. Bremner, and David Brody, eds.
The New Deal: The State and Local Levels (Vol. 2). Columbus, OH: Ohio State University Press, 1975.
Brown, Nelson C. The Civilian Conservation Corps Program in the United States.
Washington: GPO, 1934.
* Bush, Harold H. Flashbacks of a Forest Ranger. 1999.
* Canton, Steve. Dusty Roads. 1993.
* Carl, Donald DeLancey. A Time To Remember" . 1991.
Cole, Olen Jr. The African American Experience in the Civilian Conservation Corps.
Gainsville: University Press of Florida, 1999.
* Cohen, Stan. The Tree Army: A Pictorial History of the Civilian Conservation Corps, 1933 1942.
Missoula, MT: Pictorial Histories Publishing Company, 1980.
* Conti, Lt. Colonel Phillip M. The CCC: Salvaging Boys & Other Treasurers. 1998
Cornebise, Alfred E. The CCC Chronicles: Camp Newspapers of the Civilian Conservation Corps,1933-1942.
Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Company, Inc, Publishers, 2004
* Cunningham, FayL. I Remember This: A Memoir from the Great Depression to the Great Recession. 2012
* Daugherty, Raymond. The CCC and Me. 2003. (Personal account Co. 1524 Camp Hardy, WV)
* Davis, Frank C. My C.C.C. Days. memories of the Civilian Conservation Corps. Parkway Publishers, Inc. Boone, North Carolina. 2006
Davis, Kingsley. Youth in the Depression. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1935.
* Davis, Ren and Helen. Our Mark on This Land. McDonald & Woodward, Granville, OH. 2011
* Derscheid, Lyle A. The CCC in South Dakiota 1933-1942, Second Edition.
* Downing, Donna. Out of the Ashes: The memoirs of James R. Wilkins. 1996
Drake, Darwood. Looking Back. Chicago: Adams Press, 1989.
* Draves, David D. Builder of Men: Life in C.C.C. Camps of New Hampshire. Peter E. Randall Publisher, Portsmouth, NJ, 1992.
* Durkee, W.X. (Pat). An American Life through Peace and War. 2010 (Chapter 6, p. 55-65)
* Duxbury, Kathleen. The Boys of Bergen: Remember the CCC in Bergen County, New Jersey. Duxbury Media, Inc., Ridgewood, New Jersey. 2012
* Duxburg, Kathleen. CCC Art: Artists of the Civilian Conservation Corps Marshall Davis Duxbury Media, Inc. Ridgewood, New Jersey. 2014
* Emery, Tom. Soldiers with Picks and Shovels: The CCC Camp at Carlinville, IL,. History in Print, 337 E. Second South, Carlinville, IL 62626. 2011
* Engle, Reed L. Everything Was Wonderful - A Pictorial History of the Cilvian Conservation Corps in Shenandoah Naitonal Park. Shenandoah Natural History Association, Inc. Luray, VA, 1999.
*Ermentrout, Robert Allen. Forgotten Men the Civilian Consrvation Corps. 1982
* Galo, George. The 191st Company. The Civilian Conservation Corps. (VT). 1997
* Galusha, Diane. Another Day, Another Dollar - The CCC in the Catskills. 2008 Black Dome Press.
* Good, Albert H. Park and Recreation Structures. Garybooks, Bloulder Co. 1990. Reprint from 1938 Edition.
Guthrie, John D. Saga of the C.C.C.
Washington: American Forestry Association, 1942.
* Hayden, Ernest A. The Civilian Conservation Corps. 1985.
Harper, Charles Price. The Administration of the Civilian Conservation Corps.
Clarksburg, WV: Clarksburg Publishing co. 1939.
* Harr, Milton. The C.C.C. Camps in West Virginia 1933-1942.
Charleston, WV: Copyright 1992 by Milton Harr
* Hayden, Ernest A. The United States Civilian Conservation Corps of the 1930’s.
Callahan, CA: Ernst A. Hayden, 1985.
Hill, Edwin G. In the Shadow of the Mountain: The Spirit of the CCC. 1990.
Holland, Kenneth and Frank Ernest Hill. Youth in the CCC. 1974.
* Hinton, Wayne K. with Green, Elizabeth A. With Picks, Shovels & Hope: The CCC and Its Legacy on the Colorado Plateau. Missoula, Montana. Mountain Press Publishing, 2008
* Horner, Irene. Roaring River Heritage. Chapter 5, pages 33-48. Litho Printers, Box 488, Cassville, MO 65625.
* Howell, Glenn. CCC Boys Remember: A Pictorial History of the CCC.
Medford, OR: Klocker Printery, 1976.
* Hoyt, Ray. We Can Take It: A Short History of the CCC.
New York: American Book Company, 1935.
* Huddleston, Connie M. Images of America Georgia's Civilian Conservation Corps. Arcadia Publishing, 2009
* Hunt, Sharon E. Images of America Vail and Colossal Cave Mountain Park. Arcadia. 2007.
* Images of America - Cuyahoga Valley. Arcadia Publishing, 2004
Images of of America - Hacklebarney and Voorhees State Parks, Arcadia Publishing, 2006.
Images of America - Promised Land State Park, Arcadia Publishing, 2006.
* Jolley, Harley E. The CCC in the Smokies. Great Smoky Mountains Natural History Association. 2001.
* Jolley, Harley E. That Magnificent Army of Youth and Peace: The CCC in North Carolina. Office of Archives and History North Carolina Department of cultural Resources, Raleigh, NC. 2007
* Jones, Paul E. Forgotten Boys of the CCC Who Enlisted as Boys and were Discharged as Men. 2004
* Kiefer, E. Kay and Paul E. Fellows. Hobnail Boots and Khaki Suits: A Brief Look at the Great Depression and the Civilian Conservation Corps as Seen through the Eyes of Those Who Were There. 1983.
* Kresek, Ray. Fire Lookouts of the Northwest. 1984.
* Larkin, Joe. FDR's Tree Army. Valley County History Press. 2008
* Lacy, Leslie Alexander. The Soil Soldiers: The Civilian Conservation Corps in the Great
Depression. Radnor, PA: Chilton Book Company,1976.
* Lange, Howard L. M.D. The CCC: A Humanitarian Endeavor during the Great Depression.
New York: Vantage Press, 1984.
* Laven, Edward E. The Nez Perce National Forest Story. Northwest Interpretie Assoc. p. 39-40.
* Kolvet, Renee Corona and Ford, Victoria, The Civilian Conservation Corps in Nevada . University of Nevada Press, 2006
* Maher, Neil M. Nature's New Deal. Oxford University Press, 2008.
* Matthews, Judy and Beardshall, Ann Hardy. 3 Hots and a Cot - CCC Camp Unit 1388 P-53, Bastian, VA. Bland County Historical Society (VA). Copyright 2012
* McBridge, Dennis. Hard Work and Farm from Home. The CCC at Lake Meade, NM. Bolder Images. 1995.
McEntee, James J. Now They Are Men: The Story of the CCC.
Washington: National Home Library Foundation, 1940.
* Melzer, Richard. Coming of Age in the Great Depression The Civilian Conservation Corps Experience in New Mexico, 1933-1942. Yucca Tree Press, 2000.
* Merrill, Perry H. Roosevelt’s Forest Army: A History of the Civilian Conservation Corps, 1933-1942. Montpelier, VT: Perry H. Merrill, 1981.
* Mielnik, Tara Mitchell. New Deal, New Landscape The Civilian Conservation Corps and South Carolina's State Parks. South Carolina History Press. 2011
* Monson, Don. Autogiography of a World War Two Tailhooker. 2005 (Pages 4-8, Co. 1653, Camp Lakewood, WI)
* Moore, Robert J. The Civilian Conservation Corps in Arizona ’s Rim Country: Working in the Woods. University of Nevada Press, 2006
* Moore, Robert J. Devil’s Lake Wisconsin and the Civilian Conservation Corps. Cjarleston London, The History Press. 2011
* Nolte, M. Chester ed. Civilian Conservation Corps: The Way We Remember It, 1933 – 1942: Paducah, KY: Turner Printing. NACCCA 1990.
* Nolte, M. Chester ed. We Can Take It. NACCCA - 60th Memorial Celebration
* O'Brien, James Dewey. An American Experience: The First Ninety-Three Years. Otter Bay Books, Baltimore, MD. 2010. (Chapter 3)
* Oliver, A.C., Jr., Dudley, Harold M. This New America - The Story of the C.C.C. Longman, Green and Co. 1937.
Osborne, Peter. Images of America - High Point State Park and the Civilian Conservation Corps Charleston, SC :Arcadia Publishing, 2002
* Osborne, Peter. Images of America - Promised Land State Park. Arcadia Publishing 2006. Minisink Valley Historical Society.
Osborne, Peter. We Can Take It!. n The Roosevelt Tree Army At New Jersey's High Point State Park, 1933-1941. Bloomington, Indiana: 1st Books Library
* Paige, John C. The Civilian Conservation Corps and the National Park Service, 1933-1942. An Administrative History. NPS, 1985.
* Pasquill, Robert, Jr. The Civilian Conservatioin Corps in Alabama, 1933-1942. A Great and Lasting Good. University of Alabama Press. 2008.
* Pfaff. Christine. Reclamation Managing Water in the West. The Bureau of Reclamation and the Civilian Conservation Corps: 1933-1942. Department of Interior. 2010
* Pike, Leslie Francis. Letters from a CCC Peevie. Printed by Waters Publications Inc. Columbia, MO. 1983
* Podskoch, Martin. Adirondack Civilian Conservation Corps Camps: History Memories & Legacy of the CCC Podskoch Press, 43 O'Neill Ln, East Hampton, CT 06424. 2011.
* Purvis, Louis Lester. The Ace in the Hole ABrief History of Company 818 fo the Civilian Conservation Corps. 1989
* Reich, Edwin W. Camp Ellsworth Wisconsin. Company #3669 SCS-3, 1935-1942. 2001
* Reynalds, Gerald. The Woodpecker War. 1977
Rudeen, Marlys Ed. The Civilian Conservation Corps Camp Papers: A Guide. Chicago: The Center for Research Libraries, 1991.
* Ryan, J.C. The CCC and Me. Duluth, MN: J.C. Ryan, 1987.
* Salmond, John A. Civilian Conservation Corps, 1933-1942: A New Deal Case Study. Duke University Press. 1967.
* Savage, Christine E. New Deal Adobe. The Civilian Conservation Cors and the Reconstruction of Mission LaPurisma 1934-42. 1991.
Speakman, Joseph M. At Work in Penn's Woods: The Civilian Conservation Corps in Pennsylvania. Penn State University Press, 2006.
Sanders, Peggy. Images of America: Wind Cave National Park - The First 100 Years. Arcadia Publishing, 2003
* Sanders, Peggy. The Civilian Conservation Corps In and Around the Black Hills. Arcadia Publishing, 2004.
* Schlenken, Norman, Wetherington, Wilkins. In the Public Interest The Civilian Conservation Corps in Maine.
* Schuller, Mary J. The Soldiers of Poverty.
* Schultz, Michael John. In the Shadow of the Trees - CCC Camp One Allegheny National Forest. Thomaston, ME: Dan River Press, 1997.
* Shean, Marion. My Life in the Civilian Conservation Corps Camp S-122 Co. 1241 Boonville, NY. Copyrighted Marion Francis Shean. Last Chance Publishing, June 18, 2007.
* Smith, Kathy Mays. Gold Medal CCC Company 1538: A Documentary. Backbone of our nation and our military. Turner Publishing Co., 2001
* Sommer, Barbara W. Hard Work and a Good Deal: The Civilian Conservation Corps in Minnesota. St. Paul: Minnesota Historical Society Press, 2008.
* Steely, James Wright. The Civilian Conservation Corps in Texas State Parks. Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. 1986.
Steely, James Wright. Parks for Texas: Enduring Landscapes of the New Deal. Austin: University of Texas Press, 1998.
* Sundergill, James E. Carry On! The Life Adventures of Joe Davis. (CCC experience p. 23-40)
* Symon, Charles A. We Can Do It! A History of the CCC in Michigan 1933-1942. 1983
Utley, Dan K. and James W. Steely. Guided with a Steady Hand: The Cultural Landscape of a Rural Texas Park. Waco: Baylor University Press, 1998.
* White, William G. The Civilian Conservation Corps in Clark County Nevada; An Historical Overview and Content. Harry Reid Center for Environmental Studies, University of Nevada, Las Vegas. May 2003
* Wirth, Conrad. Parks, Politics and the People. 1980
* York, Howard F. I Can't Forget. CCC Experiences in Co. 726, Reform, AK, 1994.
* Journal of the Illinois State Historical Society. The Morrow Brothers of MaComb, IL. Vol. 104, No. 4 Winter 2011. p. 336-369. Illinois State Historical Society; Springfield, IL. Printer: William Street Press, Decatur, IL..
* Nez Perce County Historical Society. CCC Boys Remembered. The Journal: Historical Events in Nez Perce County and surrounding area.
* South Dakota History Spitj Dalpta State Historical Society. Vol. 8, Number 4, Fall 1978.
* Trinity 2007. The Civilian Conservation Corps in Trinity County 1933-1942 (CA) Official Yearbook for Trinity County Historical Society, Weaverville, CA.
Bernstein, Irving. A Caring Society: The New Deal, the worker, and the Great Depression, a History of the American Worker, 1933-1941.
Boston Houghton Mifflin, 1985.
Berton, Pierre. The Great Depression 1929 – 1939.
Toronto: McClelland & Stewart, 1990.
* Bienes, Dianne and Michael. The WPA
Clausen, John. American Lives: Looking Back at the Children of the Great Depression.
New York: Maxwell Macmillan International, 1993.
Cochran, Thomas Childs. The Great Depression and World War II, 1929-1945.
Glenview, IL: Scott Foresman, 1968.
Daniels, Roger. The Bonus March: An Episode of the Great Depression.
Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Co., 1971.
Dubofsky, Melvyn and Stephen Burwood, ed. Agriculture During the Great Depression.
New York: Garland Publishers, 1990.
Dubofsky, Melvyn and Stephen Burwood, ed. Women and Minorities During the Great
Depression. New York: Garland Publishers, 1990.
Friedel, Frank. Launching the New Deal.
Boston: Little, Brown and Co., 1937.
Goldston, Robert. The Great Depression: The United States in the Thirties.
Indianapolis: The Bobbs-Merrill Company, Inc., 1968.
Hearn, Charles. The American dream in the Great Depression.
Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 1977.
Howard, Donald S. The WPA and Federal Relief Policy.
New York: Russell Sage Foundation, 1943.
Ickes, Harold L. The Secret Diary of Harold L. Ickes.
Three volumes. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1954.
Killigrew, John W. The Impact of the Great Depression on the Army.
New York: Garland, 1979.
Leuchtenburg, William E. Franklin Roosevelt and the New Deal, 1932 – 1940.
New York: Harper and Row, 1963.
McElvaine, Robert S. The Great Depression: America, 1929-1941.
New York: Times Books, 1984.
* Mulvey, Deb. We Had Everything But Money.
Greendale, WI: Reminisce Books, 1992.
* Pope, Rowena May. The Hungry Years.
Circle Pines, MT: Bold Blue Jay Press, 1982.
Rauch, Basil. The History of the New Deal.
New York: Creative Age Press, Inc., 1944.
Reiman, Richard A. The New Deal and American Youth: Ideas an Ideals in a Depression Decade.
Athens, GA: University of Georgia Press, 1992.
Rose, Nancy Ellen. Put To Work: Relief Programs in the Great Depression.
New York: Monthly Review Press, 1994.
Rothbard, Murray Newton. American’s Great Depression.
Princeton, NJ: Van Nostrand, 1936.
* Schlesinger, Arthur M., Jr. The Age of Roosevelt. (Vol. 2): The Coming of the New Deal.
Boston: Houghton Co., 1958.
Terkel, Studs. Hard Times: An Oral History of the Great Depression.
New York: Pantheon Books, 1970.
Watkins, Tom H. The Great Depression: America in the 1930’s.
First Edition. Boston: Little & Brown, 1993.